Saturday, December 5, 2009

When should my daughter start wearing make up? (to school or everywhere)?

I would just like to know for when this turns up!When should my daughter start wearing make up? (to school or everywhere)?
Well, first you should teach her the right way to wear makeup and help her with her makeup when she wants to start. That way, she knows not to wear too much and knows where your limit on makeup is. And tell her that just because she's wearing makeup that she's all grown up.





I would say maybe 15 or 16? Usually makeup looks alot better when a girl looks somewhat mature and her face and body has aged enough for that. I know that some girls might start at 6th grade but that's too early. When a girl hasn't even finished puberty yet and is 5 feet or less and still has her baby fat, it makes her complexion look bad.





I don't think there should be a set age. Just when your daughter's facial complexsion looks like its ready to handle something heavy.When should my daughter start wearing make up? (to school or everywhere)?
Well, I think it's okay to wear a little bit of mascara in high school. Try to teach your daughter that less is more at a younger age, otherwise she'll wear heavy make up for a while. I suppose senior year and so is good for all that extra make up.
You are the parent - that would be your decision.
Schools are not a a good idea as certain schools have policies on makeup particularly private schools.
You don't mentioned your daughters age. I work at a middle school (6th through 8th grade). Can't say I've seen any 6th graders with make up just nail polish. They seem to start with just lip gloss in 7th and then really start to experiment in 8th grade. I mean colorful eye make up, shiny lips, start styling hair. Some go to the extreme with the black (lips, eyes, nails, clothes). Awful.





When one of our teachers sees a student putting make up on in class, she will whisper, ';That's why they call it make up secrets';. lol, then she will send them to the ladies room to finish up.





It really comes down to a maturity thing and a joint decision between parent and child.
Hi....it really depends on the situation, but I think high school is a good ';limit'; to set. I'm currently a senior, and I really didn't even start wearing makeup until sophomore year, mainly because i didn't care. Also, i think it makes a difference what kind of makeup your daughter wears. Tell her that makeup is fine, but it shouldn't cover up whats already there

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin