Friday, December 11, 2009

At what age should teenage girls be allowed to wear make-up to school?

I don't think it should be allowed.





I'm 15 and I don't. I don't see the point in getting up 15 minutes earlier just to put it on.





There are 12 year olds who come in covered in makeup. I think it's stupid. It's an all girls school, so they don't even have the excuse of prettying them selves up.At what age should teenage girls be allowed to wear make-up to school?
I had originally told my daughter that she couldn't wear it until she was about 14 but she was practically the only one not allowed to wear it so I gave in and let her start at about 12 BUT I very closely monitored it and TAUGHT her how less is really more and I didn't allow it to be caked on like paste.





She wears it very modestly and responsibly :)At what age should teenage girls be allowed to wear make-up to school?
when the girl feels ready. she may feel pressured when she's in middle school. i didn't really start wearing make-up until 8th grade. if you don't put an age limit on when the girl can wear make-up, i think you'll find she hold off until she's a little older. the restriction to not wear make-up makes it more tempting to wear.
any age, it's just makeup, my daughter is 7 we have never forbidden make up, my daughter has make up, could care less and never ever puts it on.I think anything in moderation is fine. Forbidden fruit is always the most tempting. I think parents should pick their battles wisely, you may loss the battle but you can win the war if you play your cards right.
I started wearing makeup when I was in 6th grade, I turned 12 that year. All I wore was a little foundation, blush, mascara and lip gloss, and occasionally eyeliner. That's still pretty much all I wear (I'm in 8th grade now, I'm 14). I think as long as you don't cake it on and avoid wearing colors that are too dark or too light you'll be fine. Too much makeup is worse than no makeup.



Every situation is different. I think you need to wait until she is old enough to do it safely (like a 5 year old with mascara might poke her eye out), knows not to share in a way that spreads germs, and knows to not be putting it on in class when it will distract others. In other words - when she can handle makeup responsibly.





My daughter is 6 and I have never stopped her from wearing lip gloss. As she gets older, I will weigh makeups benefits and drawbacks accordingly. If making acne a little less noticeable or bringing out her eyes with a little mascara helps her confidently enjoy a day at school - then what's the harm?
I don't think make up is allowed in most schools is it? even if it was- is it really relevant or appropriate? This is not a beauty pageant or a social event we're talking about. You go there to learn
I was allowed to wear lip gloss/lipstick, mascara, and eyeshadow when I was 14, as long as the colors weren't too crazy.
Most teenage girls aren't ';allowed'; (given permission) to wear make-up to school at any age, it just happens.
i think @ least high school...i didn't wear make up until i was out of high school.regardless with or without make up it doesn't define who WE are inside!
15-16, before that they are pushed by fashion into growing up too quickly
15 - or so I tell my girls, but for some reason they don't listen. It's like face paint - they like to play with it.
I think about thirteen, thirteen is the major teen the first time you'll be a teen!
I'd let them start a little in middle school, 6th grade, but not too much.
I didnt start wearing make up until i was15.
It shouldn't be allowed at all.
I'm in 7th grade and I wear make-up most of the time.
I've been wearing makeup since y6
12 - 13
If done right and not too much ...by about grade 7.
i think age 13 lightly
middle school, little amount or they will call u a slut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin