Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What is the most prestigious make up artist school?

I would love to learn how to be a make up artist....





I live in Los Angeles, California.








I was going to cosmetology school when I was a lot younger, but stopped due to the quality of the school. (teachers wouldn't show up, one was a major perv.)





Right now I'm attending jr. college so I can transfer to a 4 year. I'm studying graphic art and design, which I'm really good at, but I think that a lot of the other stuff-- like me failing math, and science-- is getting in the way.





So, Now that you have some background about me...





what are some of the best and most prestigious make up artist schools in Los Angeles or surrounding areas.





also-- what should I look for when choosing a school??What is the most prestigious make up artist school?
If you are considering special effects make up or anything for theater or film, your best bet would be either USC or UCLA's film schools. You would need to get into the PRODUCTION programs and then specialize in make up. USC.edu and UCLA.edu would have links to the film school's Web sites. Keep in mind that USC is still ranked the top film school in the nation and has a killer theater program as well in which you could apply your trade. Similarly, UCLA also has a great program that might be more affordable. Both schools are highly selective in terms of admission, but if your grades and educational history are good enough, you certainly could get in. Both offer great financial aid packages as well so don't let the cost--especially at USC--deter you from pursuing what you want to do.
  • house call
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin