Friday, December 11, 2009

Should I let my 11 year old daughter in middle school to wear make-up?

I have an 11 year old daughter and i told her she had to be older to wear make-up. Should i let her?Should I let my 11 year old daughter in middle school to wear make-up?
As long as it's not in excess 11 is a fine age to start wearing make-up....but please teach her prper skin care %26amp; make-up appliance.Should I let my 11 year old daughter in middle school to wear make-up?
wtf 11 in middle schooL?? i thought u have to be at LEAST 12 Report Abuse

i wouldn't let her start wearing eye liner and eye shadow and go full out with it. you could let her wear a little mascara just to satisfy her wants to wear it
NO. She's too young for anything but possibly a little colored lip gloss.
Of course, it's your choice because you are her mother and everyone is entitled to their opinion. My parents didn't let me wear make-up until I was 16 and when I was 16 I was a Junior in high school. I think high school level is an appropriate age to let your daugher wear make-up. I think 11 years old is WAY WAY WAY TOO young. I think that's what's wrong with America today, when you turn on the television kids mostly see skin, sex, beauty, etc. and then they want to look like what's on TV which is a fake image. Let kids be kids and when they become young adults then help them make wiser decisions. Beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. An 11 year old should not even be thinking about wearing make-up. That should be FAR from her mind. Good luck to you! ;-)
With how much society has changed, now a days its common to see girls as young as 8 being decked out in make up. Those same girls are also mistaken for being older than what they really are and put into situations they are not yet ready to handle. When I was younger (I am 25 now) I had to wait until I was 13 to wear makeup(I had to earn the right to wear it). I just feel 11 is still too young. If you do OK your daughter to wear makeup, I would stick to clear lipgloss and maybe some light(almost skin toned) eye shadow. That way she can wear it, yet it really won't be too noticeable. Good luck!
I agree with the rest of them here. Of course she wants to wear make up and dress up like mommy and what not, but I'd keep it to a minimal and maybe just natural colored stuff. Lip gloss, maybe a little light blush, and/or natural colors eye shadow. Something really subtle so that it doesn't look ';trashy'; but she still feels pretty and grown up because she knows shes wearing make-up. Good luck!
First you have to ask yourself why is it your daughter wants to wear make up. In answering this, you should ask her. Is it :


-Because everyone else is wearing it?


-Because she thinks she doesn't look pretty enough?


-Because she wants to look like the models in the beauty magazines?


-Because she wants to look just like you?





You see, I understand the impulse of a little girl wanting to wear make up. I have been there, after all. But it was just dress up and fun for me. I had no desire (at the time) to go out wearing make up. But what IS Make up? the name says it all. It has been arund from greek times, when greek women crushed rose petals made other stuff to accentuate their features - to make them look more desireable to the OPPOSITE SEX.


I personally think you need to let your daughter understand that she IS beautiful without make up. When she gets older and desires to wear it then that's fine, as long as she understands that they are just to 'compliment' her beauty.


Maybe I am reading too much in this, but you should at least ask her why, first. All the best!





** Why the thumbs down?
If she's in middle school I think its fine to wear some mascara and lip gloss. That's pretty much all they would probably wear anyway (I think). I don't think letting them wear foundation is good though because it will ruin her skin.
I think lipgloss is okay, and when she gets a little older if need some consealer to cover up little zits,ect





yea but eyeliner, ect nah stay away from that
My niece is 7 and wears those lipglosses for kids, so at 11 I think she can wear regular lipgloss. That's about all I would let her wear, though...My mom let me wear makeup at 13.
a little young would keep to the lip gloss for now but tell her a goal





my mother set the date for 2nd semester 8th grade ( a year before i went into high school to work out the kinks and see whats best for always having to get checked before going out the door)





i also went to a mary kay make up class learning about different colors etc with a bunch of friends





got a good starting out kit, and were with my friends
11 is too young for makeup... Children try to grow up too fast... They miss out on being kids... Kids are trying to emulate the models they see on TV and magazines... Some parents even put their very young children in beauty contests and doll them up to look like they are much older...





Kids need to be allowed to be kids!
stick to your word. heck, fourteen-fifteen year olds shouldn't be wearing make-up.





if you want to, she can wear some lipgloss or something for special occasions.
Sure! She will then fit right in with the rest of the kids, America tries to sexualize and rob of their childhood.
Well I think there are different kinds of makeup. I would not let her wear eye liner or a base or anythign like that. Maybe a light eyeshadow or some colored lipgloss. Just a few fun things so she can feel older and prettier.
NO!!! Eleven is far too young to wear make up.
maybe just like lipgloss
let her explore make-up on special occasions, because when all make-up does is make you pretty, its very fun; when we're adults and trying to cover our wrinkles, its another story- but they dont know that.


i would start off with little allowances, like lip balm.


problem is, teens in high school, for example, love make-up because it hides blemishes, etc; and so it gets addicting and eventually makes the skin quite unhealthy.


so for the most part, i would say only for special occasions because she needs to know that she doesnt need artifice to be beatiful when she already is!





have that mother to daughter talk, and happy powdering :]
I think if she is responsible and does as she is told then yes.If she wants to wear make-up she must do so responsibly not to look older or get negative attention from her peers. Just let her do mascara and lip gloss.Make sure you let her know its a privilege and it can be taken away if she misbehaves.
No. Kids that young are starting to have sex and be intrested in boys. It's safer not to let her wear makeup until she's out of the house and in college.
I wouldnt but that is just me. I would make her wait till she is like 14. But still not no heavy makeup even then. For now she could do some clear gloss.
well ya but only like lipgloss. and maybe some mascara and eye shadow but thats all.
Umm let her wear it doesnt hurt her or anything
I would say no. I wasn't allowed out in public in makeup until I was 16.





But I was allowed to wear it in the house. Looking back, I think I understand my moms reasoning, other than being completely old fashioned.





First of all, a kid this age would be inclined to put tons of the stuff on. And then wander out of the house thinking they look all grown up when really they look like clowns. So, I think my mom let me practice for a few years first. I was also allowed to buy whatever I wanted as long as it was with my own money.





I did manage to sneak it out of the house evey now and then.
i am 14.. and i wear makeup. BUT 11 is too young to have like adult makeup on(eyeliner,mascara) you dont want to get her into that crazy stuff with MOM BUY ME THIS MASCARA BUY ME THIS I CAN GO OUT WITHOUT MY EYELINER. yeah thats me... lol and its a bad habit. make her feel comfertable for what she looks like, and makesure she doesnt end up like me :)
If you have already told her the rule is when she is older, then stick to that. However if it were my daughter, maybe some Lipsmackers Lips balm or some shimmery lip gloss would be ok. But wearing real make up at 11? Seems like children are growing up fast enough these days, why rush it even more?





Now for playing dress up or just play make up, I could see allowing some of your old make up to just play with, but not out of the house
no, you can start teaching her on weekends HOW to wear make-up--starting with mascara--when she is around 16 is fine--if you have taught her right, she won't look like clownish or like a------- too many girls now days look like one or the other and they are wearing it way too young--make sure to teach how to keep her skin clean and remove make-up too.
If she keeps it minimal thats ok, just mascara and a bit of lip gloss. I work in a school, and there are some real painted faces there, but the staff make them wash it off, especially if they are under 14 or so!It can look trashy!
11 is too young. It looks trashy on kids like that (my neice is almost 12 and her mom lets her) it looks so bad and I cant believe she lets her wear it! I was 15 when I started wearing makeup, and thats how old my kids will have to be


Well I mean like lipgloss is OK, but nothing more
I would let her wear make-up but you pick it out. I wouldn't let her wear mascara, eye liner, or lip liner. Help her pick out some eye shadow and lip gloss. Don't get blue eye shadow. Pick out some neutral colors. Light brown, pinkish, cream color. That way it won't stand out too much. When she gets to be 12 let her start using mascara but for now all she needs is eye shadow and lip gloss.
I would say if she's really insistent about it lip gloss and maybe light nail polish. and then when she gets to about 13 or so maybe a little glitter eyeshadow or normal eyeshadow. You just have to teach her that make-up is to enhance her natural beauty, not to cover it up.





Show her how to apply it properly, without looking trashy. One thing I would suggest for when she starts wearing make-up is to use those mineral based make-ups (like bare minerals and the like) because they will help her from breaking out and will help her skin look better when she is older too.





I remember my mom used to do my make-up for me when i was younger and it always looked good and it was a good bonding time for us. Maybe that's something you two can do together.





But again, emphasize that make-up is to supposed to look like it isn't there (when applied properly) and should be subtle, because she's beautiful and doesn't really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin